Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Jennifer is a reporter with Michigan Radio's State of Opportunity project, which looks at kids from low-income families and what it takes to get them ahead. Prior to joining State of Opportunity, she was the station's arts and culture reporter, and the local host for Weekend Edition. She got her start in radio as a producer at WFUV, an NPR station in New York.
Her stories have won numerous awards, including a national Edward R. Murrow Award for her series on NYC’s subway system. She was named Young Journalist of the Year by the Detroit chapter of Society of Professional Journalists in 2007.
Jennifer graduated from the University of Michigan and received her M.A. from Fordham University in New York. When she's not on the radio, she's reading, practicing her dance moves (tap and ballet), playing tennis with her husband, or attempting to solve a NY Times crossword puzzle.