Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
Underwriting Account Manager
Paula Zmudczynski works in the corporate underwriting department at Michigan Radio, and meets with businesses and organizations about becoming sponsors to the station.
- What is the favorite part about your job?
My favorite part about working for public radio is being able to meet people and learn about their business and present Michigan Radio to them.
- How long have you worked at Michigan Radio?
I am in my 6th year with the station
- What did you do before coming to Michigan Radio?
I worked for a daily newspaper for 12 years in the retail, real estate and automotive advertising departments.
- How did you first become involved in public radio or the broadcasting industry?
I became aware of public radio as a listener and member many years ago. We live in the country and always had Michigan Radio on while taking care of our horses in the barn. The broadcasting voices kept the horses company and we always learned something new every day from the programs.
- What is your favorite program on Michigan Radio? Why?
I have so many, but my most favorite is “The Splendid Table” and “Talk of the Nation Science Friday”. I love sciences and cooking.
- What do you like best about working in public radio?
I really can feel the success of the station by seeing the dedication of its members and employees. They are proud to be a part of the station and committed to its mission of education.
- Do you have any hobbies or activities you enjoy?
I enjoy outside activities including golf and nature walks. My husband and I also like being part of local movie productions as extras.
- Anything else you would like people to know about you?
Married for 32 years with 4 adult children and 3 grandchildren