Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri November 11, 2011
"1-1-1-1" unlucky for some Michiganders today
"1-1-1-1" was not a lucky number for many would-be Michigan lottery players today.
So many people decided to play today’s date, "11/11," in today’s Daily Four game, that Michigan Lottery officials were forced to stop letting people purchase tickets with that combination.
The Daily Four lottery has a maximum daily payout of $40 million. At a certain point today, lottery computers showed if the combination won that the maximum payout would be reached.
So the system automatically blocked any more tickets from being bought with that combination.
That didn’t stop other players from picking "1-1-1" for today’s Daily 3.