Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
Public Insight Journalist
Essay/Analysis: Sports Commentator
Host, Stateside with Cynthia Canty
Mid Michigan Reporter/Producer
Sarah Cwiek - Detroit Reporter/Producer
Morning Edition Producer
Assistant News Director
Essay/Analysis: Political Commentator
MPRN Capitol Reporter
Host - Middays
Reporter / Producer - Michigan Public Radio Network
Host - Morning Edition
West Michigan Reporter/Producer
Arts & Culture Reporter/Producer
Host - All Things Considered
Reporter/Producer - The Environment Report
Wed January 5, 2011
The 112th Congress in numbers
By Zoe Clark
- In the House: Republicans will hold a 242-193 advantage.
- In the Senate: Democrats will hold a 53-47 majority. (Two senators are independent but caucus with the Democrats).
- There are 96 new members of the House (87 Republicans, nine Democrats).
- The House will include 43 Tea Party-backed members.
- The Senate will have five Tea Party-backed members.
- In total, in the Senate, there will be 16 new members (13 Republicans, three Democrats).