Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue May 29, 2012
Annual Mackinac Island conference starts today
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. (AP) - Gov. Rick Snyder is scheduled to make opening remarks as the Detroit Regional Chamber begins its annual policy conference on Mackinac Island.
The conference regularly draws more than 1,000 business and government leaders for three days of discussions about the Michigan economy, education and other issues. It starts Tuesday.
This year's program will focus on how Michigan can improve its global competitiveness through innovation and collaboration.
Also scheduled for the conference is a forum featuring Democratic U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow and Republicans Pete Hoekstra and Clark Durant, who are seeking their party's nomination to challenge her.