Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue October 11, 2011
Bridge proposal vote looms, but outcome unclear
A proposal to build a second bridge between Detroit and Canada may be nearing a critical vote in a state Senate committee. The chairman of the committee says he does not think there is enough support to approve the proposal, but he thinks the matter could be decided one way or the other as soon as this week.
“The committee has – you know we’ve studied this subject matter to a point of nauseum," said state Senator Mike Kowall. "There’s a binder about four inches thick and we’re still adding to it every day, and when you answer one question, four more questions pop up.”
Republican leaders have other options if the measure does not have the votes to pass Kowall’s committee. One of those options could include sending the proposal to a different committee.