Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Wed December 15, 2010
Bronson Healthcare to buy major stake in Battle Creek Health System
Patients at Battle Creek Health System are expected to have more services and physicians available to them after a deal with a larger hospital is completed.
Bronson Health Group of Kalamazoo is buying a 51% stake in the smaller BCHS.
Denise Brooks-Williams is president and CEO of the Battle Creek facility. She says the two hospital systems have common goals.
“Part of our discussions with Bronson, and what led us to think that we could work closely together, is that that vision of having care local, and having care coordinated, was something that they shared," Jones-Williams says.
"So that was really part of the decision-making to go along with them.”
Brooks-Williams says the 1,400 BCHS employees have been told to expect growth as a result of the deal, the terms of which have not been disclosed.