Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri March 1, 2013
Compuware cutting costs, announces 160 layoffs
Compuware's headquarters is the One Campus Martius building in downtown Detroit.
JC Reindl of the Detroit Free Press reports this morning that the company plans to lay off 160 employees "and close or shrink" 16 offices around the world. Those layoffs will affect workers in Detroit:
Sources told the Free Press this week that several executive-level workers at the firm’s downtown Detroit headquarters lost their jobs, including a top official with a total compensation package last year that exceeded $1 million.
Compuware has yet to confirm or deny reports that it is actively seeking a buyer. In January the company’s board rejected an unsolicited $2.3-billion, $11-per-share offer from a New York hedge fund as too low.
Reindl reports the company employed close to 2,000 people in 2012 at its downtown headquarters.