Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Arts & Culture
Fri May 11, 2012
DSO hosts Kid Rock Saturday
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra will accompany Kid Rock in a benefit concert. The orchestra is carrying a 54-million dollar debt. The goal of the event is to raise 1-million dollars for the orchestra. That money will be used for community outreach and education efforts. The concert will be at the Fox Theater Saturday night. Paul Hogle is the Executive Vice President of the DSO. He says while the DSO has faced struggles, he's optimistic of the orchestra's future.
"Coming off of a very difficult year last year, I think we will all look back at this year as being the year of the great return."
Hogle says the DSO was the first orchestra in the country to put their tickets on sale for the coming season. That was in January, and the orchestra has almost reached its sales goal for next year.
Emily Fox- Michigan Radio Newsroom