Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri March 11, 2011
Eastern Michigan University suffers security breach of personal information
Officials at Eastern Michigan University are investigating two former student employees who allegedly stole personal information when they worked for the University. At least 45 EMU students could now be vulnerable to identity theft.
Walter Kraft is EMU’s Vice President of Communications and said the university discovered the breach during another investigation. He says the university is working with federal authorities to investigate the breach:
"We’re obviously pursuing it aggressively. Our department of public safety has notified federal authorities that are joining us in the investigation."
Students whose information was compromised have been contacted. EMU officials have not said if the stolen information was used.
Though the investigation is ongoing, Kraft encourages those with questions to visit the University's website for more information.
-Bridget Bodnar, Michigan Radio News