Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Sat January 12, 2013
Ferguson re-elected chairman of Michigan State University board
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Joel Ferguson has been re-elected to a fourth two-year term as chairman of the Michigan State University Board of Trustees.
At a special meeting Friday, the board also elected Brian Breslin of Williamston to a two-year term as vice chairman.
Ferguson first was elected to the MSU board in 1986. The Lansing resident was elected again in 1996, 2004 and 2012. He was elected board chairman in 1992, 2007 and 2010.
Ferguson is the co-founder of F & S Development Company.
Breslin was elected to the board in 2010. Until his retirement in 2006, he was the senior vice president of human resources and government relations at Meijer Incorporated.