Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Thu September 1, 2011
Five high school students, along with an expedition leader, find two shipwrecks in Lake Huron
Five high school students from Saginaw were lucky enough to spend part of their summer looking for shipwrecks in Lake Huron. And, they found, not just one shipwreck... but two: the M.F. Merrick and the Etruria. Both ships are over 100 years old. The students found the ships through the program, "Project Shiphunt" along with their team leader Dr. James Delgado, a marine archeologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association.
We spoke with Dr. Delgado and high school student Cody Frost, one of the five students who found the shipwrecks, this morning.