Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu July 26, 2012
Governor Snyder planning another trade mission to Asia
Governor Rick Snyder said this afternoon his office is planning a trade mission to Asia.
Governor Snyder went on an 8-day trip to China, South Korea and Japan last fall. He says two new economic investments – one in Ann Arbor and one in Saginaw – are a direct result of that trip. Now he’s planning to go back to Asia to strengthen business ties there.
Snyder will take part in an annual meeting of the Midwest U.S. Japan Association in Minnesota in mid-September. From there he plans to fly directly to China. Details of the trip aren't finalized yet; including exact destinations or who may travel with him.
Snyder also went on a trade mission to Europe earlier this year. He visited automakers in Italy and discussed advanced electric storage with economic leaders in Germany.
Michigan Radio's Tracy Samilton went on the Asia trade mission in the fall of 2011. You can find a great wrap-up of her stories here.
Michigan and China
Selling cars in China different than U.S.
EN-V could cut gridlock
Ford in China