Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon March 7, 2011
Ingham Regional Medical Center starts layoffs this week
Ingham Regional Medical Center in Lansing will start laying off about 7 percent of it’s workforce this week.
Interim hospital CEO Patrick Salow says a 10 percent decline in patient numbers over the past year is forcing the staffing cuts. He says the layoffs will affect the hospital’s nursing staff, but the layoffs will also affect other divisions like the finance department.
“If we’ve got fewer patients, so there’s fewer bills to send out, do we need as many people to process bills for example."
The total layoff will be between 100 and 150 hospital employees.
Nurses vote yes on contract