Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue May 10, 2011
Instead of axing it, plan calls for reducing the tax credit for the working poor
Governor Rick Snyder's administration has agreed to restore a reduced version of the state income tax credit for working poor families.
The reduced tax break will allow families that qualify to claim 6% of the federal earned income credit on their state taxes.
In the past families could claim 20%.
Snyder's original proposal called for elimination of the credit.