Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon March 5, 2012
Iranian Supreme Court orders retrial for Flint man sentenced to death
An Iranian semiofficial news agency reports that the country's Supreme Court has ordered the retrial of a Marine veteran who was sentenced to death for working for the CIA.
Amir Hekmati's family lives in Flint.
The Monday report by ISNA quotes state prosecutor Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejehei as saying the Supreme Court has found shortcomings in the case and sent it for review by another court.
In January an Iranian court sentenced Arizona-born Amir Hekmati to death for allegedly being a CIA spy.
It was the first time an American citizen has been sentenced to death in Iran since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.