Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon May 2, 2011
Looking for ways to improve border security
Congresswoman Candice Miller is chairing a hearing this week on the need for greater coordination of law enforcement resources on America’s borders. Miller says Mexico’s expanding drug war poses a growing threat to border states.
“You now have these drug cartels which are spilling over….and they are extremely violent. Kidnappings. All these kinds of things. In some ways, you have sort of a war zone going on down there.”
Miler’s hearing will feature witnesses from Arizona, Texas and Alabama. She hopes that Tuesday’s congressional hearing will produce ideas that might improve security along Michigan’s border with Canada.