Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Environment & Science
Wed December 26, 2012
Major snow storm coming to southeast Michigan
DETROIT (AP) - Southeast Michigan is bracing for the first major snowstorm of the season.
National Weather Service officials say a winter storm is expected to dump four to eight inches of snow on the region between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
Temperatures are expected to hover around 32 degrees on both days, with wind gusts approaching 30 mph Wednesday and 20 mph Thursday.
The Upper Peninsula and northern Lower Peninsula got up to 20 inches of snow in a storm that hit last Thursday. A moderate snowfall on Christmas Eve made travel risky and caused dozens of spinout accidents around the state.