Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue February 8, 2011
Michelle Obama to Flint: "Let's Move!"
Flint is planning a major, new community wide effort to encourage fitness as it joins Michelle Obama's "Let's Move!" anti-obesity campaign. Flint is the 500th local community to join the First Lady’s youth fitness campaign which marks its first anniversary tomorrow.
Mrs. Obama welcomed Flint to her campaign during a conference call with local officials today.
“This is a generational problem. We have to keep driving this issue. We will do it here at the national level. But the real work happens on the ground where you are.”
Flint is partnering with the Crim Fitness Foundation to get people to make personal fitness commitments. A kick-off is planned for April. Flint also plans to expand nutrition-related education programs in its schools.