Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed March 7, 2012
Michigan's unemployment rate continues decline
Michigan’s unemployment rate continues to decline.
Michigan’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate dropped three tenths of one percent to 9% in January.
During the past year, Michigan’s unemployment rate is down nearly two full percentage points.
The state’s unemployment rate is now at its lowest mark since September 2008. It’s also about five percentage points lower than at the height of the recession in 2009.
Manufacturing and Professional services saw the biggest jump in new hires.