Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon May 30, 2011
National Weather Service confirms tornado touched down Sunday in Michigan
Utility crews from Ohio and Indiana are helping crews restore electricity in Michigan today. Consumers Energy says around 70,000 homes and businesses in Mid-Michigan are without power following severe storms in the area Sunday afternoon. That's down from 108,000 originally.
Jay Jacobs is with Consumers Energy. They’re working to restore power to tens of thousands of people near the cities of Lansing and Battle Creek.
"Those are some pretty major areas, and there was some pretty devastating damage. We’ve brought in additional crews from Ohio and Indiana to bolster our workforce a little bit."
A confirmed tornado tore through Shiawasee County west of Flint, causing extensive damage to some homes.
No deaths have been reported from the storms. But there have been several people injured.