Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Wed March 6, 2013
A not-so-hot jobs forecast for Michigan
We're more than three years into an economic recovery, but as we in Michigan battle our way back to that recovery, it's a fair question to wonder: when will we get our jobs back to where they were before the Great Recession came smashing its way into our lives?
According to a new forecast from IHS Global Insight, an economics and financial forecasting firm, the answer seems to be "don't hold your breath". Even though six states have made their way back to their peak employment levels, meaning the pre-Great-Recession levels, the news is not as bright for Michigan. Bob Tomarelli, an economist with IHS Global Insight, joined us from Philadelphia.