Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
It's All Politics
Thu February 23, 2012
Pro-Obama SuperPAC Hits Romney On Auto Bailout
Originally published on Wed February 22, 2012 3:54 pm
Priorities USA Action, a superPAC backing President Obama, has unveiled a new ad running in Michigan in advance of that state's GOP primary next week. It takes former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to task for opposing the auto industry bailout.
Both Romney and his leading GOP opponent, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, opposed the bailout. But it has been more of an issue for Romney given his family ties to Michigan's auto industry. (His late father, former Gov. George Romney, used to lead American Motors.)
And the spot implicitly reminds Michigan voters that Obama backed the bailout, which was first proposed by President George W. Bush.