Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Sun March 18, 2012
Pure Michigan rolling out Summer tourism ads
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — As the seasons turn, it's time for this year's Pure Michigan national advertising campaign.
The $12 million ad blitz on cable TV starts Monday and runs through June on more than 20 networks, ranging from Animal Planet to CNN to the Weather Channel.
Ann Arbor, Traverse City, Mackinac Island and The Henry Ford museum each contributed $500,000, meaning some ads will focus on those destinations. George Zimmerman, vice president of Travel Michigan, credits past campaigns with bringing out-of-state visitors to the Great Lakes State.
The ads can be viewed at www.michigan.org.