Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon June 20, 2011
Recall language against State Senator John Proos not clear enough...for now
Lyn Earwood, who submitted the petition, says she will tweak the language to make it more clear and resubmit for approval soon.
The language was nearly identical to a recall petition Kent County officials approved this morning against State Senator Mark Jansen.
Both petitions stated opposition to the republican senator's support of the new tax structure that cuts taxes for most Michigan businesses and taxes income from public pensions.
Volunteers have 180 days to collect more than 26,000 signatures to get the Jansen recall petition on the ballot. The signatures are valid for 90 days.
Jansen says he’s taking the recall effort against him seriously.
"I’m prepared to run another election if I have to, a reelection campaign, if you will. And now I have to defend what I’ve done. And that’s ok that’s the democratic process."