Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu December 2, 2010
Snyder shuffles environmental agencies
Governor-elect Snyder’s decision is a reversal of an action by Governor Granholm. Granholm combined the Department of Natural Resources with the Department of Environmental Quality. Now, Governor-elect Snyder wants to split them apart again. Here’s what he said when he made the announcement this week:
“Protecting our environment is absolutely critical. The issue we have to look at is how do you balance sound science with good economics?”
There have been mixed reactions to Snyder's appointment to head the new DEQ: Dan Wyant. I spoke with one of the most vocal critics of this pick, David Holtz, to find out why he's worried.
A Clean Slate for the State?