Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Palisades shutdown comes after assumed ‘unplanned’ release of radioactive water into Lake Michigan
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
Sat January 1, 2011
Snyder sworn in as governor
Rick Snyder begins his new job as Michigan Governor. Snyder took the oath of office on the steps of the capitol under sunny skies and and falling temperatures.
Following his campaign theme, Governor Snyder outlined four goals as he called for Michigan to reinvent itself.
“We will be a globally competitive leader in innovation. Number two: we will create more and better jobs. Number three: we will create a bright future for our young people. And finally, we will do this together and not leave some behind,” Snyder said during his inaugural address.
Saying the state could no longer be divided by politics and geography, the Republican governor asked Democratic Mayor of Detroit David Bing to be the Master of Ceremonies at the inauguration.
Besides the governor, statewide elected officials including the Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State and the Attorney General were sworn in.