Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Nurses vote yes on contract
Wed December 1, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses approve new contract
Nurses at Lansing's Sparrow Hospital overwhelmingly approved a new contract with the hospital.
The contract approved Tuesday came after a sometimes contentious negotiations between the two sides.
"There was a very diverse opinion about the details of the contract about what was good and what was bad," says Robert Kolt, a spokesman for the nurses union, "They had to agree...that patient safety was a top priority."
The contract contains a modest wage increase for the nurses and other support staff.
Sparrow Hospital Contract