Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Sat July 9, 2011
Stabenow hopes Sunday's 'Debt Ceiling' talks will remember 'Middle Class Families'
Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow says she hopes President Obama and Congressional leaders can strike a ‘balance’ in Sunday’s planned talks on extending the debt ceiling. Stabenow says the President and Republicans should prioritize the needs of middle class Americans.
“Its very concerning to me that we not see the budget be balanced on the backs of middle class families and senior citizens.”
The two sides are discussing a combination of budget cuts and tax increases as part of a deal to increase the nation’s debt ceiling.