Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Crisis in Korea
Thu November 25, 2010
Stabenow: We need to watch North Korea closely
Michigan US Senator Debbie Stabenow says the Obama administration is handling the volatile Korean situation well.
North Korea bombed a South Korea fishing village this week, prompting South Korea to fire back.
This weekend, US and South Korean naval forces are planning a joint exercise off the North Korean coast.
Stabenow says it’s important for the US not to back down.
"At this point I think we have to go ahead with what we think is appropriate," says Stabenow, "But we have to monitor this very closely. They internally have a lot of volatility in their own leadership....so we have to watch this closely."
The reasons behind this week’s attack by North Korea remain unclear.