Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon November 19, 2012
Stateside: A growing Big Ten
The Big Ten Conference will soon include 14 teams.
Michigan Radio's John U. Bacon addressed the conference's decision to bring Maryland and Rutgers into its competitive network.
“On the Michigan chat boards, it is 98% apocalyptic disgust. It should be noted, that is in great contrast to Nebraska joining last year. They are not against expansion, per se,” said Bacon.
The potential financial gains are of great interest to the conference, said Bacon.
“The whole reason why they are doing that is the Big Ten Network’s footprint. This can add up to around $200 million dollars. I can think of no other reason why they would do it,” said Bacon.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"