Today on Stateside, an explosive lawsuit against Michigan State University alleges that Larry Nassar raped an MSU athlete in 1992, and university officials covered it up. Plus, the best plays and musicals from Michigan’s local theater scene this month.
Click above to hear the full show or find individual segments below:
- Detroit News reporter Kim Kozlowski explains the explosive allegations against Larry Nassar and Michigan State University in a lawsuit filed Monday in federal court.
Theater Talk: "School of Rock," Ada Lovelace, and "The Wild Party"
- David Kiley of Encore Michigan runs through some of the best local theater happening around the state this month.
Taiwanese orchestra collaborates with Michigan musicians for a series of performances
- Dr. Theresa Chang, president of the Michigan Taiwanese American Organization (MiTAI), talks about performances from the visiting National Chinese Orchestra Taiwan.
- Candius Stearns, Republican candidate running for Michigan’s 9th Congressional District, on why she’s running to replace retiring Congressman Sander Levin.
The science behind Michigan’s northern lights display tonight
- Justin Kasper, associate professor in the department of Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering at the University of Michigan, tells us what’s causing tonight’s northern lights display in Michigan.