Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon January 21, 2013
Stateside: Military spouses march in today's inaugural parade
The following is a summary of a previously recorded interview. To hear the complete segment, click the audio above.
Among the groups that represented Michigan in today's inaugural parade was the Military Spouses of Michigan.
Jocelyn Benson, who also serves as dean of Wayne State University's Law School, is the president of the group.
The group is about a year old and provides support for spouses of service members throughout the state.
Benson spoke with Cyndy from the parade.
"It's so exciting because we honor our veterans but too often our military families are on the sidelines. To be able to recognize their sacrifices today is incredible," said Benson.
Every child marching with the group seemed to have enjoyed the experience, she noted.
"Instead of feeling isolated, we're able to provide that camaraderie for each other," said Benson.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"
Politics & Government
Governor-elect Rick Snyder