Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Politics & Culture
Tue February 19, 2013
Stateside for Monday, February 18th, 2013
The state has kicked off a new, one-year study to find out if Michigan is on track to meet it's benchmark of getting 10 percent of it's energy from renewable sources by 2015.
On today's show, we take a look at the state of renewable energy in Michigan.
And the subject of minimum wage is on the front burner these days, both nationally, and in Lansing.
President Obama announced in his State of the Union address that he wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour, and there's a proposal afoot in Lansing to boost the state minimum wage to $10 an hour. MPRN's Lansing reporter Jake Neher and MSU's Charley Ballard talk with us about minimum wage in Michigan.