Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Politics & Government
Mon November 19, 2012
Stateside for Monday, November 19, 2012
Nine months after the implementation of Michigan welfare reform, the number of Michigan families receiving state checks plummeted to the lowest level in more than 40 years. We spoke with Michigan Radio's Lester Graham and Ron French of Bridge Magazine about the cuts and their implications.
A lame-duck session for Lansing is in effect. Today, David Eggert talked about potential for Michigan politics. Eggert writes for MLive and was joined by Michigan Radio's Jack Lessenberry.
Anne Dohrenwend, author of “Coming Around: Parenting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
Kids," spoke with Cyndy about parenting a gay child. Joining her was Mike Neubecker of the support group PFLAG.