Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Arts & Culture
Wed February 20, 2013
Stateside: Supporting the film industry in Michigan
How much support should the state of Michigan give to the film industry and filmmakers?
Governor Snyder's recent budget proposal contained $25-million in tax credits for film makers.
That's a 50 percent cut from the present film credit cap of $50 million.
Some lawmakers, including Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville, a fellow Republican, say that is one bad plan.
He says it will drive the film industry out of Michigan.
Take a listen to our interview with the Director of the Michigan Film Office, Margaret O'Riley, above.
Politics & Culture
Politics & Government