Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu March 14, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, March 14, 2013
Today marks a historic decision.
Governor Rick Snyder announced the appointment of an emergency manager for the city of Detroit.
On today's show, we looked at the many things that will change in the city once it's under state control.
We also talked with the emergency manager of Pontiac to get his view of what needs to be done in the state's largest city.
We also spoke with Columnist Daniel Howes who says don't take bankruptcy out of the equation.
But first, we were joined with Michigan Radio's Zoe Clark and Tracy Samilton to talk about this afternoon's announcement in Detroit. They told us a little bit more about what the Governor had to say.