Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Politics & Government
Tue December 4, 2012
Stateside for Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Michigan Radio Lansing Bureau Chief Rick Pluta provides us with continued coverage of the capitol's lame-duck session and the debate over "right-to-work."
Yesterday, we covered a proposed education reform bill that could drastically change the ways students attend school. Today, we spoke with Dr. Vickie Markavitch about Michigan’s education system and how she views the proposed reforms.
And what is the cause of this warm December weather?
We spoke with Dr. Jeff Masters of Weather Underground about global warming and its role in the state's shifting climate.
To further address the issue of eminent domain, we spoke with Avery Williams and Alan Ackerman. Williams provides land acquisition advice for Detroit, and Ackerman represents displaced persons and businesses in court.