Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Politics & Culture
Tue March 19, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
On today's show, we have a conversation with
Kevyn Orr, the newly announced emergency manager for the city of Detroit. We spoke with Orr about the tremendous task ahead: trying to right the course for the state's largest city in the midst of a crushing financial crisis.
But first we went to Lansing, where state lawmakers are beginning to wrap up their work so far for this session before they head out for their Spring recess.
So, it seems it’s as good a time as any to review what they have – and haven’t – accomplished since the beginning of the New Year. We spoke with Capitol Bureau Chief for the Michigan Public Radio Network Rick Pluta about the winter session.
And we talk about end of life decisions, Michigan's graying workforce, and a lost deal between the state and the city of Detroit.