Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Sat September 15, 2012
Store that specialized in Michigan goods closes
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - After 26 years, a well-known Lansing store that specialized in selling Michigan-made products is closing.
Michigania offered a range of goods, from art to Leelanau County wine to Grand Rapids marinade. Manager Alice Foster-Stocum tells the Lansing State Journal that the decision to close involved many factors. She agrees it's been a destination store for years in downtown Lansing near the Capitol.
As news spread, Michigania took calls from people in Detroit, Troy, Bay City and St. Joseph, looking to make final purchases. The shop was popular with visiting dignitaries, international tourists and foreign students who wanted to take home a piece of the mitten state.
Information from: Lansing State Journal, http://www.lansingstatejournal.com