Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed February 2, 2011
Storm leaves 'relatively few' without power
While the snow has been heavy across the state over the past 12 hours, the freezing rain that was forecasted missed much of the state.
That’s good news for DTE Energy and Consumer’s Energy, who are reporting relatively few power outages, according to the Associated Press.
Consumer’s Energy reports roughly 3,700 customers without power, with most of the outages occurring in Gratiot County.
Meanwhile, DTE Energy is reporting only 1,000 residential outages, which the company says is in line with the average number of outages during a typical day.