Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue November 2, 2010
Supreme Court goes to Republicans
The Detroit Free Press is reporting that Republican candidates for Michigan's Supreme Court "rode a Republican floodtide to victory today in a bitterly contested Michigan Supreme Court slugfest."
Justice Robert Young and Mary Beth Kelly won the two seats available.
It can be tough to beat an incumbent judge on the Michigan Supreme Court, but recently appointed Supreme Court Judge Alton Davis got no help being the incumbent.
The Republicans have regained control of the court with Davis' loss.