Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon November 21, 2011
Thank a teacher: StoryCorps National Day of Listening
Michigan Radio and StoryCorps are celebrating the fourth annual National Day of Listening on Friday, November 25, 2011.
On the day after Thanksgiving every year, StoryCorps is asking all Americans to start a new holiday tradition: set aside an hour to interview a friend, a loved one, or someone in your community about his or her life.
To record your own National Day of Listening interview:
- Find a family member, friend, mentor or other person you’d like to interview
- Create your question list
- Sit down to record your conversation
This year, StoryCorps suggests that everyone reach out to their favorite teacher or mentor to say “Thank you for changing my life.”
Some may want to call, while others may dash off an email or a written note. Some may want to schedule time to record an interview, while others may prefer to write a post dedicated to their favorite teacher on Facebook or Twitter (@storycorps, #thankateacher).
How you say “Thank you” isn’t important. But taking the time to say it today will make all the difference in that teacher or mentor’s life!
Michigan Radio has created a special National Day of Listening website with more information.
Some have already thanked their teachers on YouTube: