Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Wed October 3, 2012
Today is 'Count Day' at Michigan's public schools
It's count day at public school districts across Michigan.
This is the first year that "Fall Count Day" determines 90 percent of per-student funding for the 2012-2013 academic year (in prior years it was 75 percent).
A winter count day in February makes up the remaining 10 percent.
Many schools hold special events to make sure students come to class.
The Michigan Department of Education requires that students receive instruction in all classes on count day.
See more about the requirements here.