Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Politics & Government
Wed November 7, 2012
Troy mayor recalled
Janice Daniels had been Troy’s mayor for just a year.
She was strongly aligned with the Tea Party movement.
And she quickly became embroiled in controversy for using anti-gay slurs, and fighting a federally-funded transit center.
So a citizen group launched a recall campaign. And it’s succeeded, with about 52-percent of Troy voters saying yes.
Troy’s current Council President Pro-Tem will serve as acting mayor.
The Council will then appoint a new mayor within 30 days. A new mayoral election will be held next November.