Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Fri December 21, 2012
UMTRI launches website for Parents of Teen Drivers
A website is launching just in time to help parents monitor and improve winter driving skills for teen drivers.
The University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute is launching the site called Safer Driving for Teens.
Jean Shope serves as an associate director of UMTRI and says parents find it's worthwhile. “We do find that teens whose parents have used this program, and they’ve had an agreement, drive in a less risky manner…and in other studies certainly have less crashes.”
Shope says the site also offers parents a variety of example videos, identifies key checkpoints to discuss, and shows how to set up their program.
“This promotes parents and teens communication with each other”, she says, “and clarity and what it is that’s expected. And some consequences…what will happen if the restrictions are not met.”
- Chris Zollars, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Politics & Government