Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Fri July 8, 2011
Vigil and church service to be held for those killed in Grand Rapids yesterday
A candlelight vigil will be held at 8:30 p.m. tonight in Ah-Nab-Awen Park on the Grand River to remember the victims in the Grand Rapids mass shooting. There will also be a service held next week.
From the Grand Rapids Press:
The location for tonight's candlelight vigil has been changed to Ah-Nab-Awen Park, and the mayor has announced a Wednesday church service to remember the victims of the mass murders by Rodrick Dantzler.
Mayor George Heartwell said a community service is planned 7. p.m. Wednesday at Second Congregational Church, 525 Cheshire Drive NE.