Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Politics & Government
Wed October 17, 2012
Voters get absentee ballots without instructions
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) — A city clerk in Michigan says up to 650 people may have received absentee ballots without instructions.
AnnArbor.com reports (http://bit.ly/V6pdUa ) that Ypsilanti City Clerk Frances McMullen says letters will be sent to those people. She says the city has received at least two complaints from residents who said they received absentee ballots for the Nov. 6 election without marking instructions.
McMullen says a former assistant clerk was in charge of mailing some ballots and an intern involved later indicated she hadn't been told to place instructions in of envelopes.
McMullen said in an email Tuesday that she will be sending instructions to the 650 people who received ballots before the assistant clerk left to take another city job.
The city has sent out more than 1,000 absentee ballots.