Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Generations of people came to the Midwest in hopes of finding a better life. But economic opportunity has been harder to find since the recession began, and people have left the region in record numbers in search of jobs or a better housing market.
Changing Gears “Midwest Migration” project is collecting photos, stories, and voicemail messages from former Midwesterners – people who have left region since the recession of 2008.
We’re mapping where people ended up, and we're sharing their stories about why they left and whether life is better for them now.
We’ll also hear whether they plan to return to the Midwest.
You can share your Midwest migration story here, and see responses on our Midwest Migration tumblr page.
The Midwest Migration will run through mid-February 2012.