When you think about the tip of the mitten, what comes to mind? Fudge? Beautiful beaches? Vacation cottages? Daniel Hinmon, a citizen of the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians (LTBB), wants you to know that his homelands are so much more than that. “We are still here, you know?” he says.
In Case You Missed It
Weekdays at 3 and 10 p.m.
News Headlines from NPR
- In Tiny Doses, An Addiction Medication Moonlights As A Treatment For Chronic Pain
- What's The Ukraine Story About? Trump Says It's Biden. Democrats Say It's Trump
- When We Love Our Food So Much That It Goes Extinct
- Transcript: Greta Thunberg's Speech At The U.N. Climate Action Summit
- Chanel Miller, Sexual Assault Survivor, On The 'Immense Relief' Of Going Public
- Allergists Debate Anticipated FDA Approval Of A Peanut Allergy Drug